The Really, REALLY Free Closet (RRFC) is a clothing giveaway event where attendees can find gently used/new clothing and accessories for free! These items have been donated by Miramar students, staff, and faculty, as well as local community members and the rest of the SDCCD Family. The event is open to all students, staff, and faculty! Guests will not be turned away.
EVENT: November 7th & 8th, 2018
10am-2pm in K1-107
- Attendees do not need to donate in order to take free clothes.
- A Check-in and Check-out table is set up at the entrance and exit of the event.
- We ask that attendees be mindful of others to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to go through the resources.
- Attendees are more than welcome to come back at a later time to shop. Donations come in throughout the day.
- Please inspect your items thoroughly. They are second-hand and may have flaws.
- Items you see have been donated by Miramar College faculty, staff, students; faculty, staff, and students from other SDCCD campuses; and local community members. The intent is that they are made free to everyone. Please do not take these items to sell.
Who can attend?
Open to all Miramar students, staff, and faculty, as well as others in the SDCCD community. Guests will not be turned away.
What do I do?
- Stop by the Welcome table to check-in and complete a quick survey.
- Start shopping and when you’re done, head to the checkout table with your items. Our volunteers will take a count of the # of items.
How is this possible?
This event would not be possible without the support of the campus as well as the donations generously given by your peers and the student, faculty and community volunteers.
Donation drop-off locations are set up and announced a couple of weeks prior to the event. Please note that we do accept donations throughout the year.
At this time, REACT is not able to provide donation slips. We apologize for the inconvenience and understand if you decided to donate elsewhere. Thank you for considering us. We are however in the process of requesting donation slips for future events.
**Please note that we can get donation slips from the organizations that we donate the left-overs to, such as Vietnam Vets for America. Please let us know ahead of time if you’d like that donation slip and are OK waiting until after the event.
Want to get involved?
Please contact us if you’re interested in volunteering for this event.
Yolanda Giang email@example.com (619) 388-7617
Laura Pecenco firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clothing racks