Slow Food URBAN San Diego presents << — Ethical Eats — >>
A Food Justice Panel and Community Gathering: Learn about challenges in our local food system and how we can work together for good, clean, and fair food for us all!
Food Justice Panel Discussion followed by Q&A 4pm – 5pm
Food Justice Panelists include:
* Mia Vaughnes, Founder of Good Neighbor Gardens
* Katrina Meredith, Career Coach at Kitchens for Good
* Tara May, Program Graduate at Kitchens for Good
* Shelly Hahne, Nonprofit Services Manager at San Diego Food Bank
* Moderated by Kathryn Rogers, Food Justice Chair for Slow Food URBAN San Diego
Slow Food Urban San Diego seeks to create dramatic and lasting change in our local food system. Our mission is to reconnect Urban San Diegans with each other, rediscover food traditions and cultural heritage and educate our community about the plants, animals, fertile soils and waters that produce our food. In addition, we support the mission, tenets, programs and values of Slow Food USA. We seek to inspire a transformation in food policy, production practices and market forces so that they ensure equity, sustainability and pleasure in the food we eat.
Farming is all about food. And food is best when shared with community. At our potlucks, Wild Willow Farm gives thanks to our amazing community of students, volunteers, educators, fans and eaters of every stripe.
Check out their Facebook events page HERE to find out more.